The days when businesses and law firms would post advertisements in the newspaper or local pennysaver are over. Today, most law firms rely on the worldwide web for all their marketing purposes. The face of marketing has transformed with the advancement of internet technology hosting millions of online users per day.
The internet allows law firms to market their services and skills at the click of a button to a vast amount of people. There are numerous internet marketing strategies available including:
- Social media marketing
- Search engine optimization
- Pay-per-click advertising
One method of online marketing that is absolutely imperative, but commonly overlooked is content marketing.
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is the creation and representation of visual materials in order to attract followers and promote one’s business. Various companies utilize content marketing as it is extremely effective. The Content Marketing Institute has reported that 91 percent of B2B marketers are using this marketing strategy and more than half plan to increase their efforts this year. Such content includes, but is not limited to:
- Articles and blogs
- Youtube videos
- Photos, graphics and images
- How-to guides and Q&A’s
Guidelines to Follow for Effective Content Marketing
To ensure that your law firm is effectively utilizing content marketing follow these helpful guidelines:
- Create a strategy. Set deadlines so that you are sure to post content on a regular basis. You can upload videos of positive testimonials from past clients or post articles regarding recent cases that your firm has won. Whatever the content, be sure to post consistently so that you engage your followers and generate prospective clients.
- Target your audience. Be sure to know your audience and target them in the right manner. Post content that is intriguing and relevant. If you are a personal injury law firm, post blogs that are helpful and offer legal advice for those who have been recently involved in an accident. You will increase your chances of gaining a client while illustrating your legal expertise to thousands of online users.
- Use variety. Don’t be boring. Post pictures, videos, graphics, blogs, articles – anything that is original, aesthetically pleasing, and will attract a large group of followers. Do not limit your resources or be afraid to post content that is different. Your followers will appreciate your firm in being innovative and posting content that is new and original.
- Link-build to social media accounts. Remember to link all your content onto your social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Google Plus. Linking your content to social networking platforms will allow more users to view your material and help to generate more leads. If your firm lacks a professional page on these social networking websites, you should create them immediately as they can easily promote your law firm.
Lawyer Marketing Services
Understanding the significance of content marketing and how to achieve it effectively is one of the first steps to successful attorney marketing. However, content marketing requires a tremendous amount of time and effort as one must consistently create interesting content to engage followers. Numerous attorneys do not possess the necessary time, experience, and knowledge that are required.
At eLaw Attorney Marketing we can handle all of your attorney marketing needs from content marketing to search engine optimization and brand creation. Our agency is fully staffed with internet marketing specialists, professional content writers, and a graphic design department to help you create a dominating campaign strategy. Contact us today as we can help you gain great attention and generate new leads.